Saturday, July 22, 2017

Hi kids!

I know I've mentioned it before but in definitely sure that half my blogs are generated from terminals in airports all over the place. Today is much of the same with an early morning flight I'm generally in pretty early and had the privilege to meet a pair of retired teachers on the way to an annual reunion they have each year in different parts of the country. They just so happened to be headed to Atlanta today and asked me the typical questions what's in the bags and what not. I told her BMX bikes and she related because she grew up in the same city that Pink is from and her husband does BMX, I chuckled and told her it was actually motorcycles that he does but hey same difference I'm sure he rode bmx at some point LOL. She goes into the next series of common questions and asks if I've ever had any injuries. I usually downplay the injury side but for the sake of conversation I decided to let her know the full range and rattled off a few surgeries this bone that bone a handful of teeth and a spleen that cost me more than a house. One of the teachers was bewildered and said "well you don't sound very good" hahahaha I told her she was exactly right! We joked a bit and she said well you must have a good amount of passion and I told her she was right about that and I'm too silly to walk away. I wished them well as it was time to check my bikes in and low and behold as I get to security they are just two people in front of me. They were "old" but in good shape having zero issue whatsoever and a TSA agent asked one of them if they would like a wheelchair this lady sharp as a tack says "no thanks but keep an eye on this guy" and nudges my direction. I start cracking up laughing and the three of us are just hysterical. It was a good start to what shall be a long travel day. Wheels up in a bit to ChIraq and then off into Charlotte. Let's get this worlds started!

No comments: