Sunday, July 30, 2017

CLT-SAN-OAK

And just like that another worlds championship is in the books. For some it was a culmination of effort that hopefully paid off with a ranking to hold for a year and memories to hang onto for a lifetime. For myself I would have to say it was a little bit different. I didn't come in with much expectation and my level of preparedness would be about a zero in most people's eyes LOL. I could likely force time to make things priority to be more prepared but just not what I'm prepared to do at the moment. Results were pretty soft nothing to shake a stick at by any means with a pair of "got smoked" finishes lol but all in good shape healthy and will continue on. Today's blog is more for the aspect of why I come to enjoy BMX more and more away from the actual riding and get more from the significance of the company that I keep. I had the core of my crew with me on this trip with the Sereni family, Bobby Esquivel who I haven't traveled with in years, Christina Lopez and her son Pablo and lastly the Benthins. Breaking down the dynamics is always fun and just looking back on a fun week... Sereni's are always chill we mesh well they share the same likes and dislikes and definitely extended family for sure. Consistent and reliable never a race without them really. Bobby I have not had the time to go to many a races with due to just real life and families taking up priority which is fine and a blessing. It was a solid trip getting back to catching up with him and telling stories of the past and reflecting on great memories. He drew the short straw and had to tag along to bring me to the airport at 3:45am so kudos for that! Not sure when we will get to share the stories like I mentioned again so definitely will hold onto those moments for some time. Christina and Pablo were a treat As I haven't seen them in a couple years and it was nice to catch back up and check on them and see how TX has been treating them. Pablo rode very well and made a deep run into qualifying and look forward to seeing how much he puts into the craft in the future. Christina and me had quite a few interesting conversations about bmx and the characters that compromise it, we share some different opinions for sure but both have a mutual respect for each other so even though we don't see eye to eye the conversation was great. As always you can usually tell someone's character by their children and Pablo is a solid indicator as to how she is and who she is as an individual. Love her much and was great to banter and politic bmx a bit :) and lastly the duo of Alena and Brandon! Haha I always tell people to see who you really like or dislike just stay around them for a long period of time. That's couldn't be any more true in this case! Let me go on record as to state that Alena is a great kind person who has a funny accent but the biggest heart. On the contrary this asshole Brandon is something else!!! LoL totally kidding it was a blast hanging with them and look forward to seeing them in the future. BMX is a great way to really align yourself with people get to know them at an accelerated pace and this week was no different. Cheers to the first trip with some people and the early groundwork now done to build memories and solid friendships from. #PALLOCALS

No comments: