Sunday, March 22, 2009

Holeshot!




Haha knee blowout to the max. Just got back to Carols house who hosted me for the USAC weekend. I did well and Im still ahead of this schedule I have in my head so Im happy. raced 25-29 for the first time and got a look at what the class is about. I holeshotted a few races won a lap or so and felt good, come main time I had lane 3 which was chill my boys were in 1 and 2 so I knew I was chill to get some cranks in. Snapped! haha the light/gate was off or slow but helped me out so I got out and got going with a good lead, picked up for this nasty jump and bonked my front wheel almost got tossed but rode the bull while my boy cody came under me. I was runnin second figured Id roll by him on the second straight some big jumps :) I cased the double though and had to dork manual the second set as cody did the same. had a good rhythm section pulled along side cody in the last turn and started to rail it. Things were going good but he came high, not so much to block me out but it held me at bay and I had to ease up, all the while Leo Valencia my brother from another high lowed both of us and had a shot at the win I was boxed out with nowhere to go, and cody and leo dragged it to the line. cody held him off couldnt happen to a nicer guy and I was psyked for the whole weekend. USAC #3 on both bikes but better yet qualified for worlds so thats a good thing and Im ahead of schedule like I said. Oh yeah made the class main friday and got 4th. When the knee is fresh im good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Australia is 3,750 us dollars the exchange rate is 5,386.57 thats todays prices. Glad your home safe and time to take care of that knee!