Monday, October 12, 2009

"For The Birds"



Gucci Shades at 5am- who gonna hate on that? Haha this shit is for the birds! Hahahaha. Where do I get started.... Hmmmm well first off BMX Racing starts way too early in the morning. When I start my sanction things wont begin til 12noon. So Saturday morning I get to the track after sleeping 85% of the drive and Im like tired as all hell after a card game ran til 2am the prior morning. I get there and get all knee braced up and take a few gates. Its pretty apparent im in for a long weekend, Ive been playing tennis alot lately and my legs have been smoked for the last few days but been having so much fun that I didnt care about being flat down the first straight. Anyway all weekend Im just gettin treated to the first turn. The BMX gods smiled upon my a$$ though and gave me a moto in the pro-am that even Al Roybal could win, unless rio frio was in it who ANNIHILATED him all weekend. Anyway I perfected the qualifiers and later took a 4th in the pro-am. The scorers felt it was a 5th but we all know that the NBL has too many scorers anyway and I say it was 4th so 4th it is! They would have their revenge though, I rode strong on Sunday and the gods gave my slow ass lane 1 for the main which was good, followed Castro around the track and watched him blow up going into the 3rd turn. I started thanking my sponsors and moved my goggles around my neck all SX style for the post race interview, when Phillip decided he had enough of my lame ass. Gives me the elbow to end all elbows and more white powder was flying than the ending of a Scarface movie as he rode me to the chalk line until I went off the track. To add insult, the lovely ladies scoring said oh you went off the track? Here's 8th place instead of 5th. Ouch, I got owned. They won the battle but I might have accidentally grabbed a 1st place award meaning at the end of the day Im the newest NBL State Champion #1 Rider in the 19-25X Class! Ha.

No comments: