Saturday, June 12, 2010

1st Cruiser/3rd Class!

Gave myself a good start to a NAG run on my 24" bike. Felt really good all day on it even though I feel a little easy on the gearing but it was enough to lock down the win in the qualifier and then much of the same in the main. Good times 240 points towards my NAG start. Class was where things were surprising. I had a shit first lap and tangled up with a kid in the first turn, so decided to teach him a lesson in turn 2. We met at the apex and I was on the inside :) If your gonna blast me dont ever leave yourself vulnerbale in the next turn silly boy. Won second round with a good lap, and then had lane 3 in the semi with a few heavy hitters. I got out and put some good pedals down the first straight and sure enough myself and Seth Utz got to the turn 1st and 2nd pretty much tied, this foolish guy tries to keep me low and force the issue... Numb nuts. I went ahead and help him off and in the process took him into the turn on my outside. He ended up gettin the brunt of 5 guys coming in hot and I checked out for the semi main win and turned a few heads :) I checked the main event gates and sure enough I lucked out and drew lane 1. The inside here can be a help and I was psyked to have a shot at the win with a good first straight. Gate dropped in the main I kinda had a stalled 2nd pedal, I personally like the feel of the old 3crank low wheelie and feel it transitions you into pedaling efficient. Not this time My front wheel tagged the concrete early but I just kept motoring and felt good over the first jump. Apparently Tony Favata got the gate and first few cranks of his life because I was barely at his back wheel? Haha this is where lane 1 saved me I was admittedly off the back into the turn probably 4th or so. Drop the head lean left and hope for the best. Bikes and bodies everywhere and I was rolling along off my pedals but looking good coming out 4th in the carnage. Got on the gas and realized the kid in 3rd was a squid and a good rhythm section reeled him in like_______________________________________________(insert your own funny line there) HAHA blasted him in the last turn to take over 3rd place and secure my sot on the podium. All in all not a bad day. Lil G-rat that I came with nailed down the 9X win so he is on cloud 9 for sure. Rain tomorrow?1?

No comments: