Friday, October 31, 2008

Nick Loves Da Kids!

What a day :) Started at 2 am when I went to sleep after visiting my friend Veronica who was in a car accident a week ago with a drunk driver and got a lil banged up. Get well soon kidd! Got home after chillin with her and some friends in Hayward at 2am so I was hella tired. Set the alarm for 5am because I had to get to Al's house early to get started on the ramps for a school show. Woke up at 5am wondering if I even slept and hopped in the van to head to Gilroy. Got to Al's and he wasnt home so I slept for like 20min. until he showed up. We scooted over to home depot at 6am and started grabbing wood for a landing ramp he needed built. he was stressing it but Ive built more ramps than the average bear and I knew it was easily doable in the time slot we had (2hrs.) so grabbed everything and $170.00 later we were gone from there and headed back to his house to get things going. Al seemed a little unsure but I told him chill I got this LOL. Started cutting pieces and drawing things out as the sun came up and the rain came down. True BMX shit right there, standing in the rain building a landing ramp with electric tools- ridiculous. I knocked it out in just under 2 hours with like 1 min. to spare and joked about we had plenty of time for Mc. Donals breakfast haha. So check the pics on my work of art landing ramp :) We take off with about 45min. to spare on our trip to Soledad for the demo. We need a small plug for the trailer lights and that ends up balling us up for 45minutes so were now cutting it close or more less late for the show - haha thought we were dialed. Did I mention we leave and the landing flies literally flies upward out of the trailer? Yeah sketchy as all hell and on a normal everyday road we laughed our asses off and almost hit a prius with it. We loaded it back up changed the layout and it was good. Got to the school @ 1:00 with the show starting at 1:30 but still had to setup the PA and the ramps. Got it all done right at 1:30 while the kids were already waiting for us. No practice runs at the ramp or anything total dry run for sure...



Al n the kids...



K let me explain these shows Ive been doing shows for red ribbon,dare, etc. stuff for like 10 years I'd guess and they are seriously the best thing you can ever do for kids. Jumping over a teacher is next to God in kids eyes and if you ever get a chance man check one out or even ride in one and bring joy to the purest people on earth- Kids! They loved it every second from Al's rad speeches to singing along to Nas, and me jumping over their favorite teachers. The principal was psyked and Al was glad it all went off pretty well. I did a superman and dislocated my shoulder somehow though and that really hurt and has my shoulder all screwed u right now :( Ill keep ya posted on how long yet another injury is going to take to heal.. Whats going on? Anyway we wrap up the show meet this rad chick named Olivia who was a teachers aid and shame on me for not gettin her contact info cuz she was pretty cool in the 5 minutes we talked to her and would like to meet her again when Im not dieing from my shoulder lol. Enjoy the pics of the show and once again if you ever get a chance help the kids out and spread the drug free message its very worth it. Also theres a pic of the prototype fork as well- Moving Exodus Forward!


From this in the dark and rain...


To this beautiful creation :)



Prototype Fork...

No comments: