Monday, October 13, 2008

Sheeesh

So Im watching sportscenter tonight and I hear that 19 yr. old Alexei Cherepanov a first round draft pick to the New York Rangers hockey team died of a sudden heart attack during a hockey game in Russia. What the hell is going on these days? 19 years old and you just up and die of a heart attack? Granted this kid probably worked harder than most of us ever will to get to where he is physically and his heart might not have been fit for it but to up and die is crazy to say the least. Anyway it puts things in perspective and reinforces my "tomorrow isnt promised theory" and lets me know that you might die tomorrow so you damn well oughta live today. Prayers to that family who Im sure is hurting at the loss of such a great talent and loved one that has been taken from them. Respect.

Worked today and hung out with my uncle Gabe. That fool is pretty rad hes a straight hard working dude that has tons of ambition just like me. We were chatting it up today on the way to dropping me off and he asks when are you starting a bike shop dude? I reply with dont think I havent thought about it man. See alot of people have asked me this question and alot of people have expressed interest in seeing it happen. The Bay is missing a real solid BMX shop and Id love to be the one to deliver it to them but in due time is the best I can say right now. Anyway we get to talking about stuff and I mention all the people I know that never go outside the comfort zone, never take a chance, just do the 9-5 stuff that they are accustomed to and never really push the limits. People- do not be afraid to fail! Try things and learn from experience, just because it hasn't been done doesnt mean it can't be done. Its all out for the taking you just have to be willing to make a grab at it. Lastly I got this email link today about tracking information about websites and stuff like that and I learned that my good ol blog here gets an average of 65.4 views a day :) Pretty awesome huh? Thanks for stopping by kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

stay motivated Valencia. i have the same dreams with the bmx industry, per-say, as you. but the difference is, your making it happen bro! im one of them cats stuck on the 9-5 grind, spooked to fail. AGAIN, LOL! mad respect! pull you later...Max

nickdawg said...

Max- start small roll the dice and see what happens... Limits are only recognized by those who havent passed em :) git it son!