Monday, February 23, 2009

Ha sorry for the wait...

So Im sure most people in the loop, the circle, whatever you wanna call it have heard about my eventful saturday morning. Crazy. Wake up early I have work at 12:30 so I figure im gonna go get some gates at SR. B-rad has been training and I gotta go keep him in check and make sure he doesnt smoke me someday. Show up check in with karen and get all padded up, head up the hill and start riding. Typical livermore/sr session Shane never runs gates even those starts are like 90% of BMX racing but whatever Im waiting around for about an hour to get a gate. Finally he decides its time to run some and I get next to Niko in 7 and 8. Shane walks over and is like should I be excited your here? Im thinking in my head be excited be happy be sad I dont know what you want to be just run the gate im ready to cut Niko off 2nd pedal! haha Shane is rambling about how im no good for BMX and im this and that and just bein a loony about it. He drops the gate with no cadence which is stupid when you have kids on the gate, dropping it without warning isnt the smartest thing in the world. So me and Niko roll down the hill and he is fuming about it but Im chill nobody is gonna piss me off its finally sunny and dry so im riding not worried. get in the next gate about 5 minutes later and wallaaaaaaaaa here comes shane. thsi time hes going crazy tells everyone hes not running the gate or the race until i leave and nobody wants me there and all this soap opera stuff that should be left at home. I decide not to ruin everyones morning and say whatever im over it im gonna leave and ill talk to karen and see what the deal is when i leave. say goodbye to the boys and start walking toward my backpack. This goober Shane runs up behind me pushes my bike down and starts pushing me? Like WTF are u doing dude theirs kids, adults, parents like are you serious? If you want to fight...
A) It solves nothing.
B)Your twice my age buddy...
C) We can walk to the backside of the hill and get it on?

Parents come and break up the skirmish and I finally let loose and say great example track operator... Dip out talk to karen tell her she should call me later and smooth it over or whatnot. Its ridiculous how some guys are.

"Nothing can prevent ego's from clashing" Jim Jones

"Never let emotions overpower your intelligence" ?

Crazy right? Im banned from the forum to boot. LOL

8 comments:

lloyd ramsay said...

Lucky for Shane you are a nice guy...

Ive read this twice now and dont understand it....but I wanna get banned as well! You arent allowed to ruin BMX all by yourself, I want in.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being the bigger man while the little kids were around seeing the drama unfold. BMX is bigger than Shane's litle tantrum. Niko and I have respect for what you did by walking away from the drama.

Anonymous said...

"Surreal". That was your comment right after this thing went down. Three days later, the whole thing is no less surreal...

Anonymous said...

Is this te same guy that wanted to turn Livermore bmx into a CicloCross track or whatever the fuck is called?, he's lucky he hadn't had his Ass kicked!
Arturo.

Anonymous said...

much respect

383

NorCalGirl said...

nick valencia is still 1 of my top 3 favorite people ever!! keep me posted

Esther said...

WTF You didn't tell me about this! What happened? Like, why does this Shane guy have a problem with you? I was about to call you but realized it's 9am there and not sure if you're awake yet...

Anonymous said...

Shoulda just aired some quarters, fool.