Friday, February 27, 2009

Smoothing things out...

Woke up bright and early and headed down to Livermore Parks and Rec, for a pow wow with Jim, Frank,Shane and Karen. The meeting was aimed at smoothing out the differences of opinion and Jim had alot of questions for me about all types of BMX stuff and the program. He seemed pretty receptive to the ideas and opinions that I laid out and hopefully the spark is going to work for a better overall program. Karen was pleasant as usual but kind of quiet, and Shane was about the same. Things are looking good for the program at least I came away from the meeting thinking that and I have relayed to them and to everyone since this drama broke out. This is not a personal vendetta myself and Shane have differences but are working through them and if both of us are focused on the overall betterness of the program things should work out great. So please for everyone who emailed me and commented saying how professional I was last Saturday do me a small favor and show that professionalism at the upcoming events which we will all be at. Livermore IS RUNNING tomorrow saturday so all you little young guns who worked hard for those LEAP awards come on out ride your bike and collect the hardware and congrats on a great accomplishment! Jim wasn't so sure that running a race just 7 days after the drama was a good idea but I told him to trust in me and believe in the overall scene that we will be professional in all aspects and the day will go off without a hiccup like 95% of races do on a daily basis. Jim is a vital piece of the puzzle for some changes and Id like to show him that the BMX community is very worthy of his attention and support. With that being said I also want to briefly thank my sponsors for their support and letting me be myself and be vocal about something dear to my heart and knowing that my passion sometimes leads to events beyond my control. I feel I was in a bad situation and handled it as best as I knew how and encourage everyone to use that as an example as it will take you far in life to always try and keep composure and think before acting. See you guys at PAL tonight for the Pro-Am and for early morning gates and LEAP plates at Livermore.

No comments: