Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jump jump lawn dart! Ouch.


Finally! Got into the apartment spot for just $89 a night which is alot cheaper then what we got knocked for last night at the downtown spot haha. Check the pics below and heres brief descriptions. Just got back from practice, people still missing their bikes? WOW... Thats seriously sucks. The track isnt bad but its very very far from good. Ol Tom Ritz built once again what can be only cnsidered a dysfunctional "rhythm" section down the 3rd straight. I was one of the early casualties as I flipped the bars trying to double through the section. Bashed my knees into the back of the bars and I aint gonna lie Im limping kinda shitty and my left knee is wayyyyyy sore and swelling :( Got 2 days to get it worked out though so might juss relax at the track practice tomorrow :) Alot of people are sweating the first 2 jumps but fairly easy IMO and the second straight has some decent jumps but once again if you aint jumping you have problems, steep and very deep. Rhythm is where the races will be won and lost and nobody has figured anything out at the end of day 1, I got it started with my lawn dart and then a long list of USA riders tried to go through at decent speeds and learned how shady it was setup.

I asked Donny for a tip on doing well- he said sleep with your mouth open and showed me how... Haha

Lots of dope cars here in AUS and they are all Right Hand Drive- Got off the plane and saw an Evolution in a Wagon version... Sick, Skylines and Nissan's galore too.

We were downtown and took pics with these big brass pigs?

Met up with Jenny, who is the chick in the picture- she saved our ass by lending us her phone and shes stuck with us for the week. Carlos loves him some Jenny- Ha

Papered up livin big in Australia. Fake it til you make it I guess?

Airport had alot of marketing stuff for the Worlds it was a big deal and kinda cool- Kevin O'Brian even had a cabbie guy with his name on a sign it was pretty legit. He is racing as well, said if Roybal ducked him he might as well take the title.

Checked into the team hotel and got the gear setup- Apparently im #40 for class and #25 for cruiser. Guess ill be shedding quite a few digits off both :) Showed up to practice and didnt have my team USA gear which wasnt a big deal or so I thought, I got yanked from practice 2x once for no team jersey, second time for not the official plate on. Weak as shit, surprised I didnt get called out for the denim rolled up :)




EDIT- Pics wont load for some reason check back later...

No comments: